Welcome to Year 2 Class - Hedgehogs!
Teacher: Miss Gray
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Tweddle
Remember to stay safe and keep smiling.
1. Around 90 million chocolate Easter Bunnies are made each year.
2. The largest Easter egg ever made was over 25 feet high.
3. The Easter Bunny originated in Germany, the idea was taken to America during the 1700s.
4. In Sweden they have an Easter Wizard not an Easter Bunny.
Our topic this half term is Space
Find out the answers to these questions.
1. What do Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and Tim Peak all have in common?
2. Who was the first man in space?
3. Who was the first woman in space?
4. What was the Appollo 11?
5.What is the famous quote by Neil Armstrong?
6. What changes have been made to our lives because of the moon landings?
When did the Great Fire of London start?
Ask your child and they will be able to tell you.
To help your child practise their spellings and maths challenge over the next few weeks.
Extra homework: See your child's book bag for either a Maths or Reading task.
Hedgehogs class have P.E. time-tabled for a Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure that P.E. kits are in school every day and that jewellery is not worn on these days.
We will be taking part in Football lessons in school every Wednesday afternoon.
Please be aware that it might be necessary to swap P.E. days, so children with pierced ears will need to be able to remove their own earring’s before the P.E. sessions.
To find out more about Health and safety during PE lessons please look at the policy.